Senior Blockchain Engineer - DeFi
What we do and who we are?
We are the leading crypto lender that has built its reputation in the blockchain world with its signature Instant Crypto Credit LinesTM and Earn Interest product. Nexo has processed more than $30B+ for a continually growing 2M+ user base from more than 200+ jurisdictions around the globe.
We live and breathe solving complex problems for our base and we have the customer reviews to show for. We’ve zeroed in on solving real issues for our users and found a great product market fit. The result is a profitable business from Day 1 that has distributed close to $30M in dividends until now.
We are on a mission to build the next generation of infrastructure that will enable millions of people to ditch the traditional banking rails and move to a world of financial freedom and great UX. Nexo’s team consists of builders and problem solvers that sacrifice short term profits for the benefits of its users.
Nexo’s team is regularly featured on Bloomberg and CNBC to comment on pressing blockchain issues such as the Tether stablecoin, Facebook’s Libra, Tokenized Gold, and Bitcoin.
- Collaborating with managers to determine blockchain technology needs and envisaged functionalities.
- Brainstorm and help evaluate applications for new tools and technologies as they continually evolve
- Applying the latest cryptology techniques to protect digital transaction data against cyberattacks and information hacks.
- Maintain and extend current client- and server-side applications responsible for integration and business logic
- Be involved in the global blockchain community—work on implementing and integrating the latest improvement proposals
- Keeping up with current blockchain technologies and cryptography methods.
- Document new solutions as well as maintaining that of existing ones
- 4+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- 2+ years of experience as Blockchain Developer
- Experience with our stack: NodeJs, MongoDB, MySQL, AWS, Kafka
- Familiar with Web3 Stack: Web3, Ethers, Hardhat, OpenZepellin Tooling, Smart Contract Debugging
- Strong understanding of blockchains, smart contracts & dApps, different types of wallets and standards
- Mastery of applied encryption principles (asymmetric versus symmetric encryption, digital signatures, hashing, message authentication, generating and safely transferring key pairs)
- Appreciate the differences between ERC20 and ERC721
- Experience leading 3rd party Integrations
- Self-starter and comfortable to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced startup environment and meet the deadlines; ability to work independently but within one strong team
- Extremely High Ownership: You strive seriously to write high quality, bug-free code and do not wait for/rely on others to ensure your code is correct.
- Autonomous & Self Starting: You proactively seek to understand the scope of the current mission & all its requirements. You read documentation, source code, and consult with protocol maintainers to deliver results.
- Detail & Security Oriented Thinking: You stay up to date with the latest Blockchain tools & best practices, and protocol exploits.
- Smart Contract Expertise: You know how to write bug-free & secure smart contracts in Solidity, and are familiar with standard ecosystem tools & security audit techniques.
- Empathetic Mentor: You are an empathetic mentor, and enjoy sharing your knowledge & learnings with other motivated contract developers.
- Excellent written & verbal communicator: You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are able to succinctly & clearly communicate your ideas.
- Sense of humor is a plus!
Nice to haves
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Good understanding of common architectural patterns(deployment, code, network) from the micro-service field.
- Designed, built and shipped complex, highly reliable and secure applications in finance or similar space either by yourself or as part of a team
- Understand of best practices around developer experience, CI/CD and what a great release process looks like
- Written code/bots/apps to interact with protocols in the DeFi ecosystem (Curve, Balancer, Uniswap, Yearn, Aave, Synthetix etc)