What we do and who we are?
We are the leading crypto lender that has built its reputation in the blockchain world with its signature Instant Crypto Credit LinesTM and Earn Interest product. Nexo has processed more than $30B+ for a continually growing 2M+ user base from more than 200+ jurisdictions around the globe.
We live and breathe solving complex problems for our base and we have the customer reviews to show for. We’ve zeroed in on solving real issues for our users and found a great product market fit. The result is a profitable business from Day 1 that has distributed close to $30M in dividends until now.
We are on a mission to build the next generation of infrastructure that will enable millions of people to ditch the traditional banking rails and move to a world of financial freedom and great UX. Nexo’s team consists of builders and problem solvers that sacrifice short term profits for the benefits of its users.
Nexo’s team is regularly featured on Bloomberg and CNBC to comment on pressing blockchain issues such as the Tether stablecoin, Facebook’s Libra, Tokenized Gold, and Bitcoin.
We are now looking for а talented and hard-working professional to join our unrivaled team as a Legal and Licensing Specialist.
- Survey the legal and compliance framework for Nexo's business activity in multiple jurisdictions;
- Survey the licensing and/or registration requirements applicable to Nexo's business activity in multiple jurisdictions and prepare all the necessary documents in the course of licensing and/or registration procedures initiated by Nexo;
- Address any general or ad-hoc legal queries from members of Nexo's team;
- Work closely with and report to the Head of Legal, and the Managing Partners, when necessary, to better assess applicable requirements and to ensure that Nexo's business activity is carried out in full compliance therewith;
- Work in close cooperation and actively communicate with regional legal counsels and regulators.
- Master's degree in law;
- Strong academic record;
- Minimum relevant professional experience in a corporate environment of 3-4 years; experience in the field of compliance, credit, payment institution and banking licensing and blockchain is a strong advantage;
- Proficiency in English;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to comprehend how new regulations will impact Nexo's products and expansion plans;
- Ability to assess and mitigate regulatory risks;
- Ability to solve complex problems and apply interdisciplinary thinking;
- Advanced multi-tasking skills;
- Outstanding analytical, prioritizing, problem-solving and planning skills;
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to the delegated tasks and responsibilities;
- Ability to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced environment and meet deadlines; ability to work independently but within one strong team;
- Curiosity and a strong desire to learn, grow and be up-to-date with the trends and the best practices in virtual assets, banking, FinTech and RegTech.
- Competitive remuneration;
- Flexible working conditions;
- Bonus options available in tokens;
- An opportunity to be part of life-changing financial innovation.