What we do and who we are?
We are the leading crypto lender that has built its reputation in the blockchain world with its signature Instant Crypto Credit LinesTM and Earn Interest product. Nexo has processed more than $30B+ for a continually growing 2M+ user base from more than 200+ jurisdictions around the globe.
We live and breathe solving complex problems for our base and we have the customer reviews to show for. We’ve zeroed in on solving real issues for our users and found a great product market fit. The result is a profitable business from Day 1 that has distributed close to $30M in dividends until now.
We are on a mission to build the next generation of infrastructure that will enable millions of people to ditch the traditional banking rails and move to a world of financial freedom and great UX. Nexo’s team consists of builders and problem solvers that sacrifice short term profits for the benefits of its users.
Nexo’s team is regularly featured on Bloomberg and CNBC to comment on pressing blockchain issues such as the Tether stablecoin, Facebook’s Libra, Tokenized Gold, and Bitcoin.
We arе looking for а talented and hard-working professional to join our unrivalled team as an AML Compliance Specialist under the Head of Compliance.
- Respond to internal escalations in regard with money laundering or other types of financial crime, terrorism financing, fraud and escalate accoridingly to the Head of Compliance
- Perform Corporate Clients Onboarding - review Corporate Clients ownership structures and Source of funds/Source of wealth
- Perform PEP and Sanctions and adverse media reviews
- Participate and lead key regulatory projects, mainly related to digital assets
- Optimize internal compliance and AML/CTF processes in regard with corporate clients to ensure Nexo’s business activity is carried out in full compliance therewith and that the client receives the best possible experience
- Proficiency in English
- University degree in law, economics, finance or similar discipline
- At least 3-years professional experience in AML Compliance in the financial industry or CAMS, ICA or similar qualification will be considered a strong advantage
- Experience with complex corporate structures will be considered a very strong advantage
- Experience in the field of digital assets/blockchain will be considered a plus
- Good understanding of laws and regulations relevant to AML/CTF and ability to assess and mitigate regulatory risks
- Able to work with other departments and build strong working relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate with clarity in written and verbal formats
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills with close attention to detail
- Effective decision-making abilities
- Ability to determine priorities and follow up in a timely fashion
- Self-starter with ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced and dynamic technological environment and meet deadlines
- Curiosity and a strong desire to learn, grow and be up-to-date with the trends and the best practices in digital assets, banking, FinTech, and RegTech; knowledge of developments in the decentralised finance and related crypto ecosystems will be considered a strong advantage.