What we do and who we are?
We are the leading crypto lender that has built its reputation in the blockchain world with its signature Instant Crypto Credit LinesTM and Earn Interest product. Nexo has processed more than $30B+ for a continually growing 2M+ user base from more than 200+ jurisdictions around the globe.
We live and breathe solving complex problems for our base and we have the customer reviews to show for. We’ve zeroed in on solving real issues for our users and found a great product market fit. The result is a profitable business from Day 1 that has distributed close to $30M in dividends until now.
We are on a mission to build the next generation of infrastructure that will enable millions of people to ditch the traditional banking rails and move to a world of financial freedom and great UX. Nexo’s team consists of builders and problem solvers that sacrifice short term profits for the benefits of its users.
Nexo’s team is regularly featured on Bloomberg and CNBC to comment on pressing blockchain issues such as the Tether stablecoin, Facebook’s Libra, Tokenized Gold, and Bitcoin.
In order to respond to growing institutional demand, we are looking to hire an experienced finance or quantitative professional to join Nexo’s trading team as a Senior Market Risk Manager.
- Devise risk control framework suitable for Front Office strategy and product range to ensure risk taking is aligned with the firm's risk appetite and policies.
- Establishing a set of market risk services to support the business areas' management of market risk
- Developing the tools and templates to allow the effective collection, review and use of market risk information
- Daily review of key market news and positions taken and key changes
- Produce regular risk report and limits reports timely to trading, senior management and regulatory stakeholders
- Conduct scenario analysis and review portfolio concentrations and implement necessary risk control frameworks.
- Bachelor or Postgraduate degree in a quantitative field or another analytical or engineering field from a strong academic program
- Minimum of 3 years experience in market risk or related function
- Good understanding of market risk processes (eg. VAR, limits, stress testing)
- Strong analytical, communication and independent problem solving skills and able to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Energetic, independent with aptitude to learn and improve processes.
- Familiarity with programming languages is not required, but could be considered an advantage.
- Competitive base salary
- Challenging, dynamic and stimulating work environment
- Bonuses commensurate with performance
- An opportunity to be part of a life-changing financial innovation
- Consistently expanding responsibilities and career growth path