Do you want to take part in the development of one of the most dynamic FinTech companies in the world, disrupt entire industries and redefine the very essence of how financial services are conducted?
Nexo enables global members of the blockchain community to unlock their wealth in digital assets by borrowing or earning interest against their value, as opposed to selling them. Nexo’s core team possesses profound experience in finance, instant lending, and automation in the credit facilitation business for over 10 years, servicing millions of clients across Europe.
In just two short years, we became the leading firm in the blockchain space and aim to continue extending the distance from our competitors. New areas in which we develop and excel are Nexo’s OTC trading desk, as well as quantitative and derivative trading.
In order to respond to growing institutional demand, we are looking to hire an experienced finance or quantitative professional to join Nexo’s trading team as a Senior Market Risk Manager
- Devise risk control framework suitable for Front Office strategy and product range to ensure risk taking is aligned with the firm's risk appetite and policies.
- Establishing a set of market risk services to support the business areas' management of market risk
- Developing the tools and templates to allow the effective collection, review and use of market risk information
- Daily review of key market news and positions taken and key changes
- Produce regular risk report and limits reports timely to trading, senior management and regulatory stakeholders
- Conduct scenario analysis and review portfolio concentrations and implement necessary risk control frameworks.
- Bachelor or Postgraduate degree in a quantitative field or another analytical or engineering field from a strong academic program
- Minimum of 3 years experience in market risk or related function
- Good understanding of market risk processes (eg. VAR, limits, stress testing)
- Strong analytical, communication and independent problem solving skills and able to deliver under tight deadlines.
- Energetic, independent with aptitude to learn and improve processes.
- Familiarity with programming languages is not required, but could be considered an advantage.
- Competitive base salary
- Challenging, dynamic and stimulating work environment
- Bonuses commensurate with performance
- An opportunity to be part of a life-changing financial innovation
- Consistently expanding responsibilities and career growth path